Hey Pet Parents & Pet Lovers,
Today’s post is about my absolute favourite kitty toy! The PetSafe Slimcat Interactive Toy and Food Dispenser. Now it should come to no surprise that my little one has pica, so keeping him occupied is a necessity. (I’d rather he doesn’t chew on our bed sheets. =^.^=) We’re pretty sure his Pica stems from boredom, so we’ve set 4 feeding toys around the house. (We’ve even designed a few our selves!)
Back to the SlimCat ball though!
- The ball is a good size and weight (5.8 x 3.2 x 7 inches & 0.3 ounces)
- It rolls easily around the house and doesn’t get stuck under the couch like most other balls do
- It has multiple size options for kibble/treats
- I know! I know! Not all kibble is the same size, but we’ve actually even taped two of the holes to make the balls more challenging for our tykes!
- It keeps your kitties active
- Although they’re not running after the ball, it keeps our little guys moving. Beau actually won’t start eating his food until the ball has been placed!
- Slows down eating to make sure cats aren’t at risk of vomiting
- You can place multiple in the house to increase feeding time
- Sometimes Beau will walk from one to another just because he can! (We currently have three at our place)
- Dishwasher safe! (Top Rack Only!)
- You can leave some food in the toy overnight for your little ones to discover later
- Holds up to 2/3 cup of dry food (or treats!)
- Comes in multiple colours!
- Although it doesn’t effect us, I can see how this device can be deemed useless to folks with very small kibble or abnormally large kibble
- Sometimes your cat learns to trick the system!
- Beau sometimes hits the ball against the wall repeatedly, because he knows it works! Walker hasn’t discovered that trick yet though!
Overall… I give the Slimcat ball a 5/5. It has honestly been my favourite purchase so far, and the one that has lasted the longest! If you don’t believe how awesome this toy is… ask Beau!