Hey Pet Parents & Pet Lovers,
We were recently approached by Caru’s: Natural Treat’s for Pets in hopes of hearing our thoughts about their Chicken Recipe Soft ‘n Tasty Baked Bites. So far I only have good thoughts about this product and I’m very pleased to see Beau liking a chicken based treat (even though it’s not usually something he likes.)
Chicken, Chickpeas, Beet Molasses, Chicken Liver, Dried Cultured Skim Milk, Vegetable Glycerin, Chicken Broth, Ascorbic Acid, Fish Oil, Phosphoric Acid, Taurine, Mixed Tocopherols (a preservative).
CRUDE PROTEIN 25.0% min
CRUDE FAT 12.0% min
CRUDE FIBER 3.0% max
MOISTURE 21.0% max
The Human’s Thoughts
It may be silly, but I always like to start off with sharing some of my thoughts on the treats and the way they smell. Admittingly, these treats don’t smell as tasty as the ones we reviewed last week, but they do smell better than most kibble. They have a potent scent which is great for kitties who are picky or kitties who are losing their sight. The sizing on each of the piece is a good size as well, and like the treats last week, they are easily breakable if you need to make them smaller to watch your little one’s weight. Ingredient list wise, this treat is actually pretty awesome. Nothing that freaks me out, and nothing I can’t understand which is great! The treats are soft and wet, which is a perk for picky pets and you know what that’s usually a sign of? No fillers! I also love the moisture content on this product! It’s hard finding a treat that won’t dry up your kitty (one of the main reasons we switched to wet food because of frequent UTIs)
Perks of Feeding these Treats
- Due to its limited ingredients, this treat is perfect for kitties with allergies and sensitive stomachs
- These treats are baked so they are a great healthy treat, and that’s what keeps them smellin’ great, soft and tasty!
- The first ingredient is chicken, which can be rare in cat treats! (You really want to stay away from “Meat Bi-Product” treats, because you definitely don’t know what’s in that.)
- Filled with Taurine so they will keep your kitty’s eyes in check!
- No artificial preservatives, flavours or colouring
- No Fillers
- No Corn
- No Soy
- No “meals” or GMO ingredients
- Only 2 Calories a treat!
- Made in the USA (So no worries about bad quality products or anything that may get your kitty sick!)
Beau’s Expert Thoughts
So far Beau loves these treats! The beg doesn’t have the crinkle he’s used to, so he doesn’t run immediately to them, but as soon as a few pieces are out on the floor he will come running to the room. As mentioned, Beau has no problems with this treat even though it’s made out of chicken (he usually sticks his nose up when it comes to chicken.)
I would rate this treat a 4.75/5. It’s an awesome treat! The one thing I’m not super fond of for this treat is that it must be used within 45 days of opening. While this is a decent amount of time, we usually really limit Beau’s intake of treats (just because he’s gotten a bit tubby). So, there’s a slight time pressure to feed him these quickly before they get harder. This is obviously not a problem if your little one can have treats every day or if it’s part of a routine.