I have really enjoyed running Pets Overload and absolutely love the cat/pet community. Everyone here is so awesome and everyone has the most adorable pets!! So to be part of the community and able to share my favourite blogs is an honour.
Let’s get to the awards!
THE RULES ARE:
Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
Write a post to show your award
Give a brief story of how your blog started
Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to
Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
A BRIEF STORY ON HOW MY BLOG STARTED:
My blog started for a number of reasons:
- I lost a lot of photos of Beau a while back when my phone malfunctioned due to a factory defect that I was unaware of. At this time, I hadn’t backed up any of my files because I thought I was safe… guess what folks, you should always back up your files. Unfortunately, we lost a lot of photos of Beau from when we first got him and photos from night visits he had with us. (Since he was a stray.) So, I thought… why not open a blog that’s dedicated to all my little ones so I always have an online archive of their lives and everything that happens in our little zoo!
- I used to work at a pet shop where a number of customers asked to see my little ones and asked me to review products or talk about the pet nutrition that my training taught me. (Although the second is something I’m less comfortable with as nutrition is so specific to your pets’ likes/dislikes, health conditions, and caloric needs.) So, I set to specifically review products our store held, so customers could get an honest opinion versus an up sales pitch by other employees.
- I wanted to learn from other bloggers and pet owners. Reading blogs is one thing, but I’ve learned that sharing my pets specific needs has helped raise their quality of life. Given Beau’s needs (the fact that he has weight issues, the fact that he’s very picky/has some allergies, and the fact that he has Pica to name a few.) The comments that I get on post such as these are extremely helpful, especially because a number of pet parents have been through the same struggles. So thank you to everyone who has helped over the past few months!
2 PIECES OF ADVICE TO NEW BLOGGERS:
- Be honest in your posts. I know a while back Twitch escaped her tank and I was so embarrassed. I was talking to my partner about how scared I was to post about it, but it was so comforting to know that other pet parents have had their little ones escape. A lot of times we have to learn on the spot, especially with new pets, so to be able to share our experiences is so important and helpful to new pet owners!
- Don’t be afraid to reach out to other blogs! The pet community is very tight knit and it’s an awesome one to be part of. I know I love getting e-mails and comments from my readers asking me about how my little ones are doing and I love reaching out and checking up on other folks’ pets. It’s important to reach out! It shows that you care and that you’re here for a community!
15 BLOG NOMINEES:
This was hard to do, but now’s the time that I share some of my absolute favourite blogs!
- The Island Cats
- The Swiss Cats
- Eastside Cats
- 15 And Meowing
- Stunning Keisha
- Mickey’s Musings
- Hairballs and Hissyfits
- Brian’s Home
- Hailey and Zaphod
- Marg’s Animals
- Three Chatty Cats
- William of Mass Destruction
- The Cat on my Head
- Gorogoro & Nikoniko
It’s hard not to mention more and 15 is very limited. Honestly, I’m subscribed to 86 blogs (crazy, I know!) But I’ve been loving my time looking at all of the amazing blogs that are out there. I’m so excited to discover more and always make it a point to visit the blogs of our commenters! We also recently started an awesome friends page and I will be updating that as often as possible!
Thank you again Elise for voting me for this awesome award and congratulations to the 15 blogs!
Who are your favourite blogs?